“Magic Match Adventures” is a puzzle game with an outstanding interface, which recreates a magic world with daemons, kings, queens and pixies. You become into a magic master who have to learn tricks, cast spells, and collect magic powders and stuff like that, in order to progress in your journey.
The objective of “Magic Match Adventures” is to discover matches of three in a row (or more) tiles, by looking at the board. When you detect a chain, you can collect the components contained in it, by dragging the pointer of your mouse on the tiles involved. That way, those tiles disappear and the tiles around them fill up the spaces. The holes created are automatically occupied by new tiles with magic components on them. Additionally, if you collect components which tiles are blue, that is going to increase your “vitality” giving you more time to play.
When you first enter the game, you’ll be asked for a player name and see the welcome screen with the following options on it:
- Profiles: after you create one or more players, they’ll be saved. When you enter into this submenu, you’ll be asked for a name as a new player. It’s possible to have a list of different players and record their performance. This way, you can play home tournaments with family and friends.
- Start Game: this option leads you to the first level of the game and you’ll be seeing the introduction to the level. Also, you’ll see a wizard who offers to help you.
- Start Duel: this is another mode for playing the game.
- Options: this is the menu from which you can set some game options like, sound volume, music volume, full screen.
- Exit and Credits: no further explanation required.
When you’re playing the game, you can always click on the Menu button to access to a pop-up menu with these options:
- Rules: to go to see the help.
- Options: to open the options menu commented before.
- Leave game: to close the application.
- Return to game: you go back to the game.
You can try this game for 60 minutes before you buy the licensed version. Also, you can try it online, without the need of downloading the setup file. If you like it, you can buy this game for only 19.95 dollars, right from the Oberon Media Game Center, on the Web.
About the system requirements, is not that big computer that you need to run this game. Take a look to the list:
• Windows 95/98/98SE/ME/2000/XP
• DirectX version 5.0 or higher
• 500 Mhz CPU
• 64 RAM
• 32 MB Hard Disk space after install
• DirectSound compatible sound card
- Easy to learn how to play the game using the rules and the gigglets.
- Affordable price.
- Great interface and animations.
- It’s available only in English.
- Not a multiplayer game.
- Use on network not supported.